This week we made a new recipe and it was delicious! They were called Pizza Chaffles which is a keto version of mini pizzas!
First thing was to make the batter, which was super super simple! We doubled the recipe so we could have two mini chaffles each. It ended up being five mini chaffles total, all depends on how much batter you put into the mini waffle maker each time.
- 1 egg
- 1 heaping tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (plus more for topping)
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/8 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- pizza toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and turn on mini waffle maker.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg together and then combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Once your mini waffle maker is hot, sprinkle it with a little bit of shredded mozzarella.
- Pour a little more than a large spoonful of batter in, and then sprinkle the top of the batter with more mozzarella cheese. Close the lid, and wait until your waffle maker says it’s done.
- Place each chaffle on a greased baking sheet, allow each one to cool, and then spread your choice of low carb pizza sauce. For one chaffle, we used our favorite LaRosa’s Pasta Sauce, two to three pepperoni’s, sprinkled bacon bits, and then topped with more shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes and then an additional minute or two to brown the cheese, or however done you like it!
After the batter has been cooked in the mini waffle maker, and placed on the baking sheet, and have cooled, spread your favorite pizza sauce.
Add shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
Add pepperoni, bacon bits, and more shredded mozzarella cheese.
Here is what they look like after the oven! They were delicious! I’m pretty sure these were 2 net carbs before the pasta sauce was added, but still compared to a regular piece of pizza? I’ll take it! Encourage you to try this even if you’re not doing keto. A great recipe for a pizza alternative!
Recipe source: Instrupix