I wanted to share some of the items that we have used nearly every day these past two months with our little man Huxley. It’s very easy to get overwhelmed with all the things to choose from pre-baby. When you have no idea what will work and what won’t work, etc. Even after having my daughter who is now seven, things have drastically changed since then. Everything here I would highly recommend. You can view the actual item’s site by clicking on the pink link.
1.Nursing Pillow – I’ve used this nursing pillow pretty much every day since Huxley was born 6 weeks ago today. The couch is pretty much where I live at right now 24/7. Having a nursing pillow around all the time, helps tremendously when breastfeeding.
2. Cosy Nation Baby Lounger – This lounger is THE best! It’s comparable to the DockATot or Snuggle Me at half the price. I love how you can pull the strings at the end tight, for when they are super tiny, which helps them feel more snug. When they start to grow, you can untie the strings, and the lounger gets wider and grows with them. It’s a safe place to put baby until they start rolling over.
3. Burt’s Bees Reversible Blanket – You can never have enough blankets, right? We keep the temperature at our house around 71-73 degrees right now. And babies cannot control their body temperatures just yet, so he gets lots of blankets to snuggle up with and stay warm. The Burt’s Bees blanket is my favorite out of all of the blankets we have, it keeps him super warm.
4. Water Bottle – This brand “Simple Modern” is my favorite for water bottles. We bought Hadley the 14oz size for school, and she loves it! The water stays super cold, and it doesn’t leak. I bought myself the larger 32oz size, since I’m breastfeeding, I need to drink more water than normal. So why not get a new fun water bottle to make drinking water more fun.
5. Racerback Nursing Bra – Out of the three different nursing bras I bought, this one is my favorite. I’m fairly large chested so I like the racer back bras, it feels more like a sports bra, and hold me up while not being too tight on the girls.
6. Portable Sound Machine – I always have this in the diaper bag, or in the diaper caddy in the living room where we are most of the time. It’s always nice to have to distract the babe if need be. It comes with a USB cord to charge, but the key is to remember to charge it before you go somewhere!
7. Footie Outfits – Footie outfits with zippers are the way to go when they are teeny tiny. Since having my daughter Hadley seven years ago, they now have two zippers in footies now! It makes it easier for diaper changes, you can unzip from the feet verses the top and expose their little bellies.
8. Spectra S2 Plus Breast Pump – Pumping is not my favorite thing to do, but I’m so glad I got the Spectra S2 pump. It’s very easy to figure out, and I’ve had no problems with it so far. I paid an extra $30 I think or something like that through insurance, but it came with a backpack and extra bottles. I ended up returning the diaper bag I originally had and using this one!
Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear what newborn items you love during this phase of having a new baby! It’s so hard to figure out what will work until the baby actually arrives, but thankfully, most things are returnable if they don’t work!